Episode #156: Perseverance, Podcast Sponsors and 3 Live Pitches
"Whether You think you CAN or think you CAN'T, You are RIGHT"--Henry Ford
This week on The JellyVision Show we share how we've been applying perseverance and accountability to our current artrepreneurial endeavours. Tim talks about why he is decided to work with a life coach and Jelly talks about her experience joining her first MasterMind Group and its influence on her productivity.
HAVE YOU CONSIDERED BEING A GUEST ON A PODCAST???
This leads to a passionate discussion on the benefits of the podcast platform for creative entrepreneurs who want to reach a new audience by being a podcast guest. On the flip side, podcasts, even small ones, can offer unique advertising benefits to businesses.
WHY SHOULD MY BUSINESS ADVERTISE ON A PODCAST?
- Podcasts are a long-form, on demand, portable media. Listeners can listen at the gym, while doing chores, in the car, while walking the dog, and at work.
- Unpolluted platform: Podcasts tend to limit their advertisers and curate them carefully for their audiences. Your content will present more authentically and be trusted.
- They are FREE
- Content is much more evergreen. Podcast episodes stay online for consumption long after the production date.
- You can easily find a podcast to match your brand's niche.
- Advertising is still affordable and you can be creative with your ad content as well as payment terms--particularly with smaller podcasts. Hey, we are open to payment in food!
- Shareable Content. Podcasts promote their shows through social media--this means you have the benefit of the additional reach as well as the ability to share the episodes featuring your business.
This past year, we have been focusing on treating The JellyVision Show like a business, instead of a hobby. An important part of this shift in our mindset is finding ways for the show to generate revenue.
The JellyVision Show is actively approaching potential sponsors about advertising on the show. This involves cold calling, cold emailing, explaining what a podcast is, and putting serious thought into finding the right sponsor to best serve our awesome audience.
What a process! We always like to tackle things differently, so we invited three interested sponsors to discuss their companies and present pitches on the show. You will hear how tough our decision is going to be! Each of these businesses are creative and innovative. We have not made a decision yet!
Which one do you like best? HazFash? Aural Recall? or Blue Period?
Special thanks to the talents of ManBat for bringing our potential sponsors to the table!