Episode #163: Creating Mutually Beneficial Relationships with Alex Vidales
Lets Do This, Creative Spirits!
This week on The JellyVision Show Podcast we welcome back creative entrepreneur and podcaster, Alex Vidales. Alex is the host and co-producer of The Pilot Waves Podcast. Pilot Waves is on a mission to connect individuals in the arts to the business community in order to instigate mutually beneficial relationships. So, we speak to Alex about how to foster these kinds of relationships in order to discover new endeavours to help us in our creative and entrepreneurial success.
Tips for Fostering Mutually Beneficial Relationships:
- Be honest and use good communication.
- Mutual Respect
- Good conversation punctuated by action
- Pay attention to signs of bad character. Do words match actions?
- Get outside your house as much as possible for authentic, human interaction and engage in good conversation
- Actively and constantly look for ways you can help people.
- Make networking a game. Can you make five people smile today? Get comfortable being uncomfortable.
- Nervous about talking to strangers? Don't be afraid of reading self-help books for tips on starting a conversation. Tim recommends Rules of the Game by Neil Strauss.
Why Do You Want to Form Relationships in Your Community? :
- You can meet your heroes! If you are an artist of any kind, you can attend shows and events within your community and be in the same location as people in your world that you admire. This gives you the opportunity to make a face to face connection.
- Collaboration! Creativity thrives on collaboration. Develop partnerships with people you admire that will benefit them.
- It grows your network and introduces more people to what you do.
We also talk to Alex about the importance of defining your core values and telling your story. Alex has some incredible plans for the next five years and we know you will be inspired by his vision!