Episode 161: We Will Convince You to Blog! with Snap Zine Founder, Michelle Goldchain
THOUGH SHALL NOT DABBLE!
TAKE YOURSELF SERIOUSLY & USE YOUR CHARISMATISM!
This week on The JellyVision Show Podcast, we discuss the power of blogging for the creative entrepreneur with Michelle Goldchain, the founder of the online Zine, Snap!. Michelle started Snap as a means to express her passion and interest in the people, businesses and happenings in her community. Snap is devoted to the artistic, the fun, and the locally owned in Northern Virginia and the DC Metro areas. Follow Michelle and Snap on Twitter!
Why Should I Blog? I'm So Busy!
- A personal blog can act as your online resume'. An employer may spend 9 seconds looking at your paper resume', but they will spend minutes clicking through your blog and learning more about you and your unique skills and story.
- It's Free or very Low Cost to get started!
- It is your blank slate to tell your story in the way you want it expressed. People get invested in stories--once you have investors, you can make sales.
- Got knowledge? Share it! Write about what you know and become a respected professional in your field.
- A blog can be stunning platform to showcase your art and creative projects.
- Share announcements, news and events in one place
- It doesn't have to take a lot of time. Start by devoting 15 minutes a day. Do it your way. Use draft status and proceed without fear!
- Is writing intimidating? Post videos, audio snippets and pictures on your blog instead!
Our follow up blog post about blogging for the creative entrepreneur will be on The JellyVision Show Website this week!